- 125 ml
- 15 ml
- 250 ml Milk
- 2 TopLay Egg Yolk
- 5 ml
- 2 Packets
- 1 Swiss Roll Sliced
- 65 ml
Brandy, Sherry or Fruit Juice
- 1 Can Cocktail Fruit in Syrup Drained
- 250 ml Cream Whipped
- Nuts For topping
- Mix sugar with cornstarch and salt in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl; whisk in milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat in the microwave for 4 minutes or until thickened, while stirring every 45 seconds.
- Beat egg yolks in a heatproof bowl; to prevent curdling, gradually whisk in some of the hot milk mixture. Whisk warm egg yolk mixture back into the rest of the milk mixture.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until very thick.
- Stir in vanilla. Set bowl aside to cool. Stir often, for 20 minutes or until custard is completely cool.
- Prepare the jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge to set.
- Arrange the Swiss roll slices and drizzle with brandy, sherry or fruit juice.
- Cover with the canned fruit, followed by the cooled custard, jelly and whipped cream.
- Place in the fridge to set, about 4 hours. Sprinkle nuts on top.