This traditional fishcake recipe will remind you of afternoons at your grandma's house. Fry up these delicious fishcakes for the perfect midweek meal.
- 1 tin Middle cut fish Flaked
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Handful Parsley Finely chopped
- 3 Slices White bread Crust cut off, soaked in water
- 2 Eggs
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 250 ml Flour For coating
- 30 ml Oil For frying
- Squeeze the water from the bread and combine with the fish, parsley, onion, eggs, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands and form medium sized fishcakes.
- Coat the the fishcakes in flour and set in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Shallow fry the fishcakes in oil on a medium-high heat until golden brown. Flip them regularly while frying.
- Drain on a paper towel before serving.