Spinach Rice Bake
Use leftover rice, spinach and egg to create this delicious and nutritious meal.
- 45 ml Butter
- 1 Onion diced
- 100 g Spinach washed and chopped
- 250 ml Milk
- 2 TopLay Eggs
- 250 ml Cheese grated
- 750 g Cooked Rice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a large casserole dish.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, saute onions with 30ml of butter. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.
- Add the half of the cheese, rice and spinach mixture and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve piping hot.