Peanut Butter and Jam Egg White Oats
Protein-packed peanut butter and jam oats
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 Large egg whites
- 1 tbsp Strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh chopped strawberries (optional)
- In a small pot, heat the oats, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/3 cup of water, strawberry jam, vanilla, and salt. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Separate 3 eggs, and whisk the egg whites until bubbly. Then slowly add the cooked oats to the egg whites, a spoonful at a time. Whisking between each addition, until the oats is fully incorporated. This is important to prevent coagulation.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes until the oats is thick and creamy.
- Heat a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds and drizzle it over the oats.
- Top the oats with fresh chopped strawberries (optional).