Zesty Orange Pudding
This sweet and zesty orange pudding is the perfect way to round off a hearty Sunday lunch with the family. Serve with custard or ice cream and enjoy!
For the sauce
- 250 ml Water
- 180 ml Orange juice
- 60 ml Lemon juice can be replaced with orange juice
- 5 ml Orange zest
- 5 ml Lemon zest can be replaced with orange zest
- 15 ml Butter
- 125 ml Sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the batter
- 125 ml Butter softened
- 250 ml Sugar
- 2 Extra large eggs
- 30 ml Apricot jam
- 10 ml Orange zest
- 360 ml Cake flour
- 2 ml Salt
- 4 ml Bicarbonate of soda
- 250 ml Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking dish.
- First prepare the syrup by heating all the ingredients for the syrup over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Stir regularly and keep the sauce warm.
- For the batter, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, then add the eggs, jam and orange zest mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add it to the batter bit by bit together with the milk, alternating between the two and mix well.
- Pour the warm syrup into the baking dish and carefully spoon the batter into the syrup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.