This traditional malva pudding is the perfect sweet treat to enjoy after a hearty Sunday lunch with the family.
- 188 g Self raising flour Sifted
- 100 g Sugar
- 30 g Salted butter Softened
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Apricot jam
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 250 ml Water
- 227 g Salted butter
- 200 g Sugar
- 1 tin Ideal milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Add the baking soda to the milk, stir, and set aside.
- Beat the egg and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, apricot jam, and milk and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to a greased oven dish and bake for 30min or until cooked through.
- Bring all the ingredients to the boil over a medium-high heat, stirring continuously.
- Poke holes in the pudding once it comes out from the oven and pour over the warm sauce with a ladle. Allow the pudding to absorb the sauce before serving.