Macaroni and Cheese
Tasty macaroni and cheese is the perfect midweek meal. It is easy to make, budget friendly, and will be ready in no time!
- 500 g Macaroni
- 60ml Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water for boiling the pasta
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 Small green pepper chopped
- 5 ml Dried italian herbs
- Pepper to taste
- 6 Large eggs
- 250 ml Milk
- 375 ml Cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking dish.
- Boil the macaroni in salted water and 30ml oil until al dente, strain and set aside.
- Fry the onion, tomatoes and green pepper in 30ml oil. Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Combine the macaroni and vegetables and transfer to the baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs and milk and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the macaroni and top with cheese.
- Bake the macaroni and cheese for 45min or until cooked.