- 1 Packet Tennis Biscuits
- 45 ml Melted Butter
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 125 ml Lemon Juice
- 3 TopLay Eggs Separated
- 125 ml Castor Sugar
- 2 ml Salt
- 2 ml Cream of tartar
- Using a food processor, pulse the tennis biscuits until they are crumbs.
- Add in the melted butter and mix until everything is combined.
- Push the biscuit base into a pie dish and use the back of a spoon to even it out. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Mix the condensed milk, lemon juice and 3 egg yolks.
- Set aside the whites for the meringue.
- Pour the lemon mixture onto the biscuit base and set aside.
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk the egg whites until they reach firm peaks.
- Gradually add in the castor sugar one tablespoon at a time, whisking between additions.
- The mixture should be stiff and glossy. Don’t overbeat.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue onto the filling.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until the filling is set and the meringue is browning slightly.
- Let the tart cool off completely and put in the fridge to set.