Did you even celebrate the festive season if you haven’t made at least one dish with cinnamon? We made easy churros sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar.
- 250 ml Water
- 56 g Unsalted Butter (Diced into small cubes)
- 13 g Sugar
- 2 ml Salt
- 250 ml Flour
- 1 large TopLay Egg
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- 250 ml Sugar
- 5 ml Ground Cinnamon
- Whisk together sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Add water, butter, sugar and salt to a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add flour, reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture comes together and is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl; leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence and egg to flour mixture then blend immediately with an electric mixer.
- Blend until mixture comes together and is smooth (it will separate at first but continue mixing until it comes together).
- Roll mixture into 1 cm x 5 cm lengths.
- Fry about 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer to cinnamon sugar mixture and roll to coat.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Churros are best served warm.