Making eclairs are easier thank you think! Follow this simple recipe and treat your family and friends to some delicious chocolate eclairs to enjoy at your next celebration.
For the eclairs
- 250 ml Boiling water
- 125 ml Butter
- 2 ml Salt
- 250 ml Cake flour sifted
- 4 Large eggs
For the filling
- 250 ml Cream
- 30 ml Caster Sugar
For the topping
- 100 g Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking tray.
- Boil the water in a small pot, add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Remove from the heat and add all the cake flour in at once and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture separates from the sides of the pot.
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat and place the mixture in a mixing bowl. Beat the flour mixture for about 1 minute to allow it to cool.
- Add the eggs one by one, ensuring that each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Beat until the dough is smooth.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag and pipe circles about 3cm in diameter onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and make a small cut on the side of each choux bun to release the steam.
- Place back in the oven, with heat now reduced to 160°C. Bake for another 5 minutes or until choux buns have hardened.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, whip together 250ml cream with 30ml caster sugar and pipe into the eclairs once completely cooled.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, making sure to stir it every 30 seconds. Dip the tops of the eclairs into the melted chocolate.