Chocolate and Banana French Toast
French toast is a breakfast favourite for everyone! Add a super sweet twist to your ordinary French Toasts recipe, with chocolate, banana and syrup. If you have a sweet tooth, then this French toast recipe is for you!
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices fresh bread
- 2 bananas cut into bite-sized pieces
- 30 ml chocolate spread Nutella or Squillos
- 30 ml syrup
- 50 g butter unsalted
- Lay out your ingredients to make sure you have everything you need.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure to turn them over and coat evenly with the egg mixture. Place a large pan on a medium heat and add the butter to the pan.
- Once hot, carefully place the two slices of egg-soaked bread into the plan. Cook for 2 minutes on one side.
- Use a spatula and carefully flip the bread and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Once lightly golden on both sides, remove from the pan and plate up.
- Spread a thick layer of chocolate spread on both slices.
- Add your banana pieces.
- Drizzle over some syrup. Sit back and enjoy!