Cheese stuffed potato balls
Does cheesy mashed potato balls sound as mouthwatering to you as it does to us? Use leftover cooked potatoes to make them.
- Cooked Potatoes
- 15 ml Butter
- 3 Large TopLay Ehhs
- 5 ml Salt
- 5 ml Pepper
- 5 ml Origanum
- 200 g Cheese cut into 1cm x 1cm cubes
- Bread Crumbs
- 1 liter Oil for frying
- Mash the potatoes together with the butter, salt, pepper and origanum.
- Mix in one egg into the potato mixture.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of potato mixture and flatten on your hand, place 1 cube of cheddar cheese in the centre, wrap the potato mixture around the cheese and shape into a ball.
- Prepare 2 separate bowls: one containing two beaten eggs and one containing breadcrumbs. Coat the potato ball in egg, and then breadcrumbs.
- In a medium pan heat the vegetable oil.
- Fry the potato balls in small batches for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve warm.