Scotch eggs are our favourite variation on normal boiled eggs. This recipe, cooked eggs in a sausage meat blanket, has been imported from Britain and has made its way into our hearts and lunch boxes.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup flower
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 400 g breakfast sausage meat
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mustard to serve
- Boil 6 eggs in a saucepan.
- Carefully peel the eggs and leave to chill.
- Place the flour and crushed cornflakes into separate bowls.
- Divide the sausage meat into 6 equal portions and shape it into patties.
- Wrap each portion around an egg, completely covering it.
- Whisk the remaining 2 eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll each meat coated egg in flour, coat in egg wash, and then roll in a cornflake coat.
- Cover the base of your pan in 2cm of oil and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Fry the balls for 5-6 minutes, occasionally turning until the sausage meat is cooked through and the coating is golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the balls on a paper towel and serve with mustard.